Version 8.5.2, contains fixes for the 8.5.1 release of Basic, IDOL-IV and OPENworkshop. Version 4.11 contains fixes for the 4.10 release of VIP4.
TS ORACLE DataServer
- You can limit the search for a file to a single logical directory or a range of directories using the OPEN directive OPT="DISK=Dx" option,
- The new OPT="SOCKET" option in the OPEN directive establishes a TCP/IP client connection to a server. The READ, READ RECORD, WRITE and WRITE RECORD directives can be used to receive and send data through the socket.
- The XCALL directive is now available on Windows NT and up.
TS Network DataServer
- TS Oracle DataServer now supports Oracle 9.
TS ODBC DataServer
- TS Network DataServer now supports secure communications using the optional keyword SECURE in the SERVER.MAP file.
- TS Network DataServer now supports a global IPLPRM file.
- Journaling is now standard with TS Network DataServer.
VIP4 Product Suite
- Supports 3GL Triggers.
- Added login and password to the Data Source setup.
- This is primarily a maintenance release of the VIP4 Product Suite, improving product stability.
- TS ReportServer is the new default device for displaying output to the terminal when VIP is enabled.
- The main VIP menu bar now supports access to the Windows printer selection dialog.
- This release includes improved support for VIP running on international versions of Windows and improved support for the International Message Pool file.
- The WorkStation Manager has been modified to provide access to the TbredComm 'Keep Alive' option, which allows the telnet connection to remain active after the keyboard and mouse have become idle.
- This is primarily a maintenance release of the IDOL-IV and OPENworkshop products.
- Source-IV now supports full library encryption.
- Error reporting in Format Maintenance for duplicate data descriptions has been improved.
- The Link Maintenance display of file parameters now supports file names with a file suffix.
When reporting problems please be sure to include the build number and the enhancement/problem reference number where applicable.
The Basic build number and date can be accessed using the new DUMP VERSION directive. From Basic console type in DUMP VERSION and press <CR>.
The OPENworkshop®, IDOL-IV®, and VIP4 (host) version number and release date are available from the Version Manager on the System Administration Menu. To verify the build date of a specific program simply list line 10 of the program.
The VIP4 (client), TbredComm, TS ReportServer, TS ChartServer and Gateway for Windows
build numbers should be verified at the executable level. Please do not use the VIP4 Version manager. To verify individual executables right mouse click on an executable. Select 'Properties', select the 'Version' tab and highlight 'Comments'. The detailed build information will be displayed in a panel on the right.
Copyright ©2004 Thoroughbred Software International,
Inc. Unauthorized use is prohibited.